Personal Information We Collect
We may collect a variety of Personal Information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
If you do not provide your Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to use our Services if that Personal Information is necessary to provide you with our Services. Where required by applicable law, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so.
A. Personal Information You Provide to Us.
Registration and Profile Information. If you sign up for an Athlete or Creator account, we ask you for your name, username, and email address. When creating your Athlete or Creator profile we ask you to provide your wallet address, fill out an about section, and upload a photo and cover photo. When creating a profile for an Athlete account we also ask you what sport you play in addition to the previous information. For both Athlete and Creator accounts you may optionally add your website URL, Twitter handle, or Instagram handle to your profile.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Support Team or otherwise submit an enquiry, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, wallet address the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to our newsletter or request to receive marketing communications, then we will collect certain Personal Information from you, such as your email address. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
Careers. If you decide that you wish to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online at email@example.com. We will collect the information you choose to provide on your resume, such as your education and employment experience.
Payment Information. If you make a purchase through our Services, we collect your payment-related information, such as crypto wallet information.
NFT Information. If you create or sell an NFT through our Services we collect information about the NFT, such as the NFT’s name, image, price, creator name, and other information.
Surveys. If you decide to complete surveys that we send you, we will collect certain Personal Information from you, such as your name, email address, wallet address, responses to the survey, and other information you choose to provide.
B. Personal Information We Collect When You Use Our Services.
Location Information. We may infer your general location information, for example by using your internet protocol (IP) address.
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including IP address, web browser type, wallet type, operating system version, and device identifiers.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, purchases you make, any content you post, and the dates and times of your visits.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and our third-party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
We use the Personal Information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To personalize your experience on our Services such as by providing tailored content and recommendations;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- To facilitate the connection of third-party services or applications, such as crypto wallets;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
- To generate anonymized, aggregate data containing only de-identified, non-Personal Information that we may use to publish reports;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the Personal Information is collected.
Legal Bases for Processing European Personal Information
If you are located in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom (together “Europe”), we only process your Personal Information when we have a valid “legal basis,” including as set forth below.
- Contractual Necessity. We need your Personal Information to provide you with our Services. For example, we may need to process your Personal Information to respond to your inquiries or requests.
- Compliance with a Legal Obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information. For example, we may process your Personal Information to comply with tax, labor and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate Interests. We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. Specifically, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
How We Share the Personal Information We Collect
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
User Content. Our Services are a social service in which you can find, enjoy, and share content. If you signed up for an Athlete or Creator account, your user name, about section, photo, cover photo, and other profile information will always be viewable and searchable by other Users. Optional information is made publicly available if you choose to provide it. The content you post to the Services will be displayed on the Services and viewable by other Users by default. We are not responsible for other Users’ use of available information, so you should carefully consider whether and what to post or how you identify yourself on the Services.
Advertising Partners. We work with third-party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (https://optout.networkadvertising.org) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (https://optout.aboutads.info). If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving web-based personalized ads from member companies. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking, or you can install the AppChoices mobile app to learn more about how you may opt out of personalized ads in mobile apps. Where required by applicable law, we will only show you personalized ads with your consent.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your Personal Information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Services.
With Your Consent. We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission.
Your Rights and Choices
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us. Where required by applicable law, we will only send you promotional messages with your consent.
If you choose not to provide us with information we collect, some features of our Services may not work as intended.
Your European Privacy Rights. If you are located in Europe, you have the additional rights described below:
- You may request access to the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have your Personal Information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdraw your consent.
You may exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details as indicated in the “Contact Information” section below. Before fulfilling your request, we may ask you to provide reasonable information to verify your identity. Please note that there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights, and that while any changes you make will be reflected in active User databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain Personal Information for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when your Personal Information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it unless we are required by law to keep your Personal Information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we consider various factors, such as the type of service provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your Personal information.
We are a global business with entities in the United States (“U.S.”) and United Kingdom. If you choose to use the Services from Europe or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that your Personal Information is processed and stored outside of those regions, in the U.S.. Also, we may transfer your Personal Information from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including Personal Information, on or to the Services, you agree with such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you are located in Europe, we will comply with applicable European data protection law when transferring your Personal Information outside of Europe. We may transfer your Personal Information to countries which have been found to provide adequate protection by the EU Commission or the UK government, use contractual protections for the transfer of Personal Information, transfer to recipients who have adopted Binding Corporate Rules, or rely on an appropriate legal derogation.
For more information about how we transfer outside of Europe, or to obtain a copy of the contractual safeguards we use for such transfers, you may contact us using the contact details as indicated in the “Contact Information” section below.
Update Your Personal Information
Creators can update their account and profile information or close their account through their profile settings. Users can disconnect their wallet through their settings.
SportsIcon Inc. is responsible for processing your information. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are located in Europe, Sporting Icons Ltd, located at [9a High Street, Woburn Sands, Milton Keys MK17 8RF, Great Britain], is the entity responsible for the processing of your Personal Information.
Last Updated: 7 October 2022